Art Abode Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Art Abode Forum

Forum for Art Abode. Here any other writers can post their works or discuss anything writing related.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blurb Prompt

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blurb Prompt Empty Blurb Prompt Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Crazyangel

Crazyangel
Writing Legend - Admin
Writing Legend - Admin

Try to write the perfect blurb for a book you really want to write. (A blurb is what people read on the back of the cover)

Good luck Very Happy

Kerstin

http://www.myartabode.weebly.com

2Blurb Prompt Empty Re: Blurb Prompt Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Aidiboo

Aidiboo
Batman - Mod

But I want to read your blurb for your novel Sad

Okay here goes...

Two parallel worlds stand side by side, one of mortals, the other holding the key to unimaginable power. Only the Keeper, the last of a dead order, can pass through both worlds. Only the Keeper can protect the gateway into The Fade. As the stench of mortals draw closer to the maze surrounding the gateway the Keeper must force them back...

And blah blah blah.

idk how to write a blurb really, so it turned into more of a summary lol. At least I tried right?

Aidan

3Blurb Prompt Empty Re: Blurb Prompt Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:23 am

Lizzielozzy

Lizzielozzy
Rookie

Here's the blurb for a novel I really, really, really want to write but I'm too busy to write it Sad

As the story opens, Laura, the novel's lead character, discovers that her mother just died, she got fired and she has to look after her disabled father. Laura feels as if the world has been turned upside down and is distraught to the point of madness.
Laura weighs all possible courses of action. Finally, after much careful consideration, Laura decides to try and find a new job without letting her jumbled up emotional state get in the way.

This is the only way Laura believes it will be possible to help her father and begin living the life she wants, the only course to take.

It is this goal that Laura will aggressively pursue, all the way to the end of the story.

I know it's not a proper blurb but that was the main idea, lol, it sucks anyway.

Liz study

4Blurb Prompt Empty Re: Blurb Prompt Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:44 pm

Aidiboo

Aidiboo
Batman - Mod

That sounds good. How old will Laura be? I'd consider making her pretty young. Maybe 14 -18? Mainly to show an age contrast. I think you could write a better story if she is younger so you can kinda show her grow into her maturity I guess. I like the idea of the disabled father. There are heaps of stories with a disabled brother or sister but the father sounds interesting. Cant wait!

Hope this helps a little!

Look forward to reading it!

Good luck!

Aidan

5Blurb Prompt Empty Re: Blurb Prompt Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:14 am

Crazyangel

Crazyangel
Writing Legend - Admin
Writing Legend - Admin

Okay dokay, I've finally found the blurb for Child of the Sword (The Wanderer's sequel) so here you are. Any suggestions or comments are very welcome Very Happy

When a young boy named Kelran discovers that he is the heir to the throne, he feels like his world has been turned upside down. He doesn't know anything about royal life and doesn't possess any of the qualities expected of him. When war arises Kelran is forced to take up his role. As the king realises that Kelran has no idea what he's doing yet still strives to help, he sends Kelran on an epic journey, accompanied by the land's greatest legend; the Wanderer. With many challenges facing them, Kelran's bravery, loyalty and responsibility will be pushed to the limit. Will Kelran ever become what he's expected to be? Will he learn self-control? And most importantly, will he make the right choices when faced with pure evil?

What do you all think? Does it make you want to read the novel? Thanks for any comments Smile

Kerstin

6Blurb Prompt Empty Re: Blurb Prompt Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:39 pm

Aidiboo

Aidiboo
Batman - Mod

It sounds great!!!

Give me the book now!!!!!!!!

Aidan

7Blurb Prompt Empty Re: Blurb Prompt Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:06 am

Crazyangel

Crazyangel
Writing Legend - Admin
Writing Legend - Admin

Hehe no can do, I haven't even edited the prologue yet Razz

I'll post it on the website as soon as I have though Smile

Kerstin

8Blurb Prompt Empty Re: Blurb Prompt Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Aidiboo

Aidiboo
Batman - Mod

YAYS!!! hehe can't waits!!!!!! STORYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe.

Aidan

9Blurb Prompt Empty Re: Blurb Prompt Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Dannielou

Dannielou
Rookie

OMG! Child of the Sword is an awesome title!!!! And it sounds great! Can't wait!!

Dannie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]